Friday, August 29, 2014

Hey, I’m Walkin’ Here!

As I have mentioned I have a couple of kids now and I am the primary caregiver through much of the day.  With that in mind it has become unbelievably difficult to make my usual fitness routine a part of my day.  This has not been helped by the fact that Amber has been sick or overwhelmed by school interviews, new job positions and moving her things to new classrooms.  I have not been out running or biking since Wednesday of last week.

I have, however, been walking.  I think I have walked every street between my house and the Tim Horton’s end of town in the last few days.  Each morning after breakfast, which is at about nine or so, we pile into the stroller and head out.  It’s kind of nice actually, the baby likes the stroller and the older one likes to look around and wave at people and cars and such.  I like it because while it’s not the high intensity workout I am used to it is still a workout since it’s walking while pushing a huge double stroller.

I’m hoping that once my mom has had her checkout by CAS I can at least get out the couple of days she is here during the week and on the weekend when Amber is home all day, wanting an hour or so to myself is not such a bad thing I don’t think.

I am going to have to make an adjustment to my distance goals though and add ‘walking with the stroller’ a category of my distance travelled.  I of course was not counting any walking before, like if we walked to the store or whatever, but if I even have a hope of keeping my goals in sight these morning and sometimes afternoon walks will have to count toward the total.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, Congrats on being new foster parents! Yes, being a parent of little ones is *SUPER* busy. My two youngest were 11 months apart, so I relate to what you're saying. Things should settle down a little when Amber gets into her groove for the new school year. :-)

    ReplyDelete