Saturday, July 12, 2014

So It’s Been A While Huh?

It has been months since I have been typing here and ‘Why is that?’ you ask.  Well mainly because my time has been filled with way too many things to be able to sit back and type.  The main part of that is that the spring was such a slow time, with cold crappy weather.  I’ve been making up for lost time in a big way.

Biking like mad!  This year so far I’ve just got my mountain bike instead of my dad’s road bike, so I go a bit slower on average, but I’m working harder for my distances and times.  Considering all the time I lost with the weather and having two weeks so far being sick this year I’ve pretty much caught right back up with my distances from last year. 

I’ve ridden over 800km and run over 350km since the start of the year.  In fact today I just rode 38k, and it feels great!

There is of course other things besides the biking and running that have gotten in the way of writing.  We, that being Amber and I, have been going along the process of adopting a child (or two) and in the last month we’ve been tapped by the Children’s Aid Society to actually foster-to-adopt two little girls!  A one year old and a baby that will only be about 4 months maybe by the time we get her!   It’s going to be an amazing time here for sure!  I’ve already got the running stroller that switches to be a bike trailer as well so that I can take these little ladies out on bike trips.

This year I’ve also finally be watching the CFL, I’m pretty sure I put that idea forward last year but never followed through, this year I’ve watched quite a few games, hopefully I can get to a game or two before the season is over.

I’m hoping to have a bit more time to write again, and so, you’ll be hearing from me again soon!

2 comments: