Monday, November 25, 2013

Friend Making Monday: Holidays and More

 

The Holidays and More: Part 2

   I didn’t do Part I earlier

1.  What state/country do you live in? 

Ontario, Canada

2.  Where were you born?  Were you raised there? 

I was born in Collingwood, Ontario, but did the majority of my growing up in Buckhorn, Ontario.  Yes, it’s as small as it sounds like it would be.

3.  How do you feel about stores like Wal-mart opening on Thanksgiving Day for pre-Black Friday sales?  Will you participate?

Our big stores are all closed on major holidays.  Wal-mart, grocery stores, 99% of businesses.  Usually the only things that are open are convenience stores and coffee shop chains.

4.  Have you ever participated in a Turkey Trot? 

Nope.

5.  What was your favourite toy as a child?

This question here is why I really wanted to answer this week.  Favourite toys is always fun to think about.  My childhood can actually be divided up into very distinct sections.  He-man, Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles.  Each of those favourite toy eras spanned a few years, and therefor a few birthdays and Christmases each.  I never got a lot of toys on each event from my parents, but when they added all up I had loads!  As collective groups those would have been my ‘favourite toys’. 

To have a singular favourite toy it would have to be when I was younger and I had a stuffed lion, I still have it now.

6.  Will you count points/calories on Thanksgiving Day? 

During holidays I try to keep track a bit, but I always counteract it all by hitting the gym or the road on the same day for a hard workout.

7.  Will you watch football Thursday? 

Nope.

8.  Do you decorate inside/outside of your home for the holidays?

We decorate mostly inside with a few lights and Christmas type things, nothing too elaborate.  But not until after Amber’s birthday.

9.  Do you have allergies that prevent you from eating traditional holiday meals?

Nope

10.  Is it snowing where you live? 

Yep!  Last year we didn’t have now right up until Christmas, it’s come ‘early’ this year.  We only have a bit of a dusting but it is on the ground.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, just stopping by from FMM. I still have a stuffed penguin from when I was little. And I am completely jealous of your snow!!!!

    http://ashley-to-awesome.blogspot.com/2013/11/fmm-holidays-and-more-part-2.html

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from FMM, sounds like you had some cool toys as a kid.

    ReplyDelete