Friday, September 13, 2013

Seven Days In A Row

As you may well be aware I have not been running quite as much or as long as would be considered typical throughout the summer.  This has come about due to a few different circumstances, heat and injury.

It hasn’t been ridiculously this year, thankfully, but it has been hot enough to put me off running a few days here and there and without the gym membership to make use of a treadmill I simply biked or worked out instead. 

The injury I sustained way back in May doing my half marathon has haunted me the whole summer through.  Mainly, I think, because I refuse to stop working at things for long enough at once to just let it heal up the whole way.

However the heat seems to have broken since the start of September and with that road block out of the way I made a point last week of really getting out to do some stuff. My lack of running was on my mind and so each day that it was not raining I was sure to get out running.

So here is how it all went down last week.

  • Monday – Ran 7k
  • Tuesday – Ran 5k
  • Wednesday – Full Body workout, ran 2k
  • Thursday – Ran 7k
  • Friday – Biked 20.6k
  • Saturday – Upper body workout, lead two 10 minute heavy duty warm ups at karate grading
  • Sunday – Biked 26.6k

Seven days of killin’ it in a row!  Typically I wouldn’t do quite that much without a rest day, but with the cooler weather I just felt like I could do anything!  It was so great!  The best part is though that during the whole thing, and even after my 7k run last night, my ankle is not hurting me at all.  Either that or I have simply adjusted to the pain and it doesn’t bother me.

I challenge you to seven days of awesomeness in a row, do it, then tell me all about it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, Sorry, I'm on a exercise vacation for the past several days until tomorrow morning--due in part to being so incredibly sore from Sunday's workout. But I do really need to do 7 days of awesome eating. I've kind of been a little off in that area. :D

    ReplyDelete