Sunday, September 15, 2013

2000

At the start of the year I set a goal to travel 2000 kilometres combined by running and biking.  Yesterday I met that goal.  I have now gone 2005.7km since January 1st of 2013.

To some that is not much at all, like my dad for instance.  I think the last time I asked him about it he had gone over 16000km on his bike!  He does have the advantage of being retired though, and not splitting his time with running or working out.

Here is a breakdown of the whole experience:

kms2

So as you can see Sunday was my biggest day for both running and biking which surprised me a little bit to discover.  This 2000k includes my half marathon, the 5k Kms for Care race in which I came first in my age group, The O Course, and the Sydenham canoe, cycle, run triathlon that I did with my dad!  Still to come is Run or Dye and the Tough Mudder later this month!

I have gone 554km running and 1451km biking, I hope that I can at least get those to 600, and 1600 respectively and I don’t think that will be a problem.  Aiming for 2500 at this point might be foolish as I will soon have to pack in cycling and I don’t have the gym membership to ride a stationary bike now.  But I think that next year my goal should be 3000 at least!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's absolutely fantastic! I sometimes feel 'less' because my mileage is nowhere near my brother, but then I have to sit back and remind myself that it still is MY mileage and I have to be proud of my accomplishments (as you, I split my miles between running and riding)

    ReplyDelete