Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Mighty Chris, Slayer Of Treadmills

In the past two visits to the gym I have killed five treadmills.  They don’t like to go fast I guess.  See I have been doing sprints and so what I do is crank up the speed to 12mph, wait for the belt to get going, and then hop on and run!  The treadmill, if it is weak, will not even make it through that first 30 seconds.  About 15 seconds in the speed will start to drop and I am there, bewildered and somewhat frustrated.

It must look pretty weird to others at the gym.  They see a guy get on, wait for the speed to up, run like mad for a few seconds, shrug his shoulders at the machine, and then go to a different one, sometimes repeating the whole process before moving on to a third machine.

Thankfully I have been able to find a machine that can keep up with me each time so far, eventually.  I like running sprints, they are hard, but satisfying.  Yesterday I ran 30 seconds on, 25 seconds off.  It wasn’t until the last couple of sprints in each set of ten that I really needed the break to be that long either, next time I am hoping that a 20 second break is long enough.

2 comments:

  1. This post just made me laugh! How many people can say that they have slaughtered not one, not two but FIVE treadmills in two measley sessions! You are my hero! (Ok, it doesn't take much for me does it!??? haa haa haa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killed 3 more at the gym last night.

    ReplyDelete