Sunday, February 3, 2013

Let’s Do This!

So I was at the gym over the weekend, as usual.  I took my phone on the floor with me, not as usual.  Ashley saw me with my phone, and scolded me, I said I wasn’t at work and she wasn’t the boss of me at the gym.  We laughed. Ha ha.

So here are a few of the things for that men’s health thing I posted about. just to show what the exercises were for a couple.  The push ups and the squat, curl, press things were both the second sets of those exercises.  The final bit is burpee pullups.  Jodi invented them because she hates me I think.  You are seeing the third and final set of 15 each.

Workin’ Out

After the poor performance on the beep test yesterday I decided to put an end to that and did sprints on the treadmill today. 12 mph, 30 second on, 30 seconds off.  I did ten, then biked for 20 minutes, then did another set of 10 sprints,then biked for another 10 minutes.  In all I ran 3k in those 10 minutes of actual running.  Pretty fast.  My intent is to lower the rest time by 5 seconds per interval each week.  like next week 30 on 25 off, then the week after 30 on 20 off, until I am running the five minutes straight.  Then either shoot for a longer time, or up the speed and go back to intervals.  I intend to redo the beep test in say 6 weeks, just before our cruise, and get that level 12!

Snapshot 2 (03-02-2013 4-43 PM)

Snapshot 3 (03-02-2013 4-50 PM)

1 comment:

  1. I love(!) the hanging exercises. They are so fun to do. Where else is a grownup allowed to act like a monkey and it be cool?!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete