Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Going Up

So I have been weighing myself as usual.  Over December my weight has been on the rise.  My initial reaction to this was that it must be because I am eating too many sweets and being sick and not up and doing stuff was not helping.

Once I get back out and running and away from all the treats at work my weight will balance itself out around 165 where it has been for over a year!

Yeah not so much.  In the last ten days I ran 22km and I was at the gym four times.  Did my weight go down?  Nope.

Of course it struck me this morning.  I can lift about 50 pounds more now than at the start of December, and I’m leg pressing 410lbs. and doing rows with 100 pounds and so on.

Muscle, I’ve been adding muscle like crazy over the last month.  Every time I’ve been at the gym for the last two months or so I’ve been going for my maximum amounts, and adding more weight to those maximums almost every single time.

The next couple weeks will be the real telling part.  If I am running 7km and more each time, and doing weights and still going up, then it HAS to be muscle, and I’ll just have to get used to weighing around 170 or more instead of 165.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that weightlifting will do that to ya! I wear a size 10 right now and still weigh a ton of bricks due to so much muscle from weightlifting.

    Congratulations on your big improvements! Since I've been around the free weights and weight lifting guys for many years now, I believe this could be just the beginning of a lot of improvement for you, depending upon how much effort you put into it. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's exciting! My running has sucked the life out of my weight training. I should fix that. Easier said than done...

    ReplyDelete