Saturday, January 12, 2013

1.4%

I think I have mentioned that I have not been all that impressed with my weight going up for the last while.  This week I endeavoured to do a little more digging on the topic with the data I had on hand (that of my Wii Fit graph) some numbers at the gym and looking at what more I can do between point A and point B.

What has changed in the last 2.5 months.  Well strength training, back in Early November Jodi gave me a program to follow and even though I have been sick and there has been holidays I have now completed the sheet.

20130112_133617

I’ll have to get on Excel and make a new one now. Take note of this though:

Exercise Start 6 rep max Today’s 6 rep max
Bench Press (weight includes the bar): 165 225
Dumb Bell Single Arm Row 70 105
Incline DB curl 27.5 50
Seated Tricep Extension 60 85
Seated Shoulder Press 45

50

Everything has gone up, some by huge amounts!  That is weight gained in muscle mass for sure.

On Wednesday I got on the scale at the gym with the help of JT letting me into the office.  My weight on that scale was consistent with what Wii Fit is telling me so that is good, but as an athletic body type it gave my percentage at 9.1%.  That up from the 7.7% I had the last few times but considering Christmas and being sick and not running as much due to that and the weather it’s not too bad at all.  It’s still on the charts for actual athletes.

Body fat percentage chart

Description Women Men
Essential fat 10–13% 2–5%
Athletes 14–20% 6–13%
Fitness 21–24% 14–17%
Average 25–31% 18–24%
Obese 32%+ 25%+

I came home and stated that I wasn’t going to worry about it, but that I was going to run more.  Amber connected those dots as being that I was worrying about it.  I’m not, honest, I’m running more because I want to do this half marathon idea of mine.

It still irks me a bit about my weight though.  Mainly because a few more pounds and Wii Fit will tell me I’m overweight again, even though I’m totally not, See:

20130112_133836

So I looked and really I’ve weighed about 74 - 75.5Kg (163 - 166 lbs) for months, over a year really. and it has actually taken over 2 months to be more or less consistently around 76-77Kg (167-170 lbs).  Clearly the same two months as I have been running less and lifting more.

It’s a funny thing, your brain.  You know.  I was saying yesterday at work that when I was up at 225 lbs I didn’t really feel fat, I just was what I was.  I dropped all that weight and then recognized that I was huge before.  When I started going back up from 150 lbs to the 165 mark or so it was really hard to accept.  Since then I have gained a lot of knowledge about how this whole weight/fitness/strength thing works but the change from 165 to 170 has still been hard to accept even though all the clothes I bought at 150 fit exactly the same as they did then (well the arms and legs are a bit tighter).

No comments:

Post a Comment