Friday, November 16, 2012

It’s Hard To Soar With Eagles, When You are Surrounded By Turkeys

So I went and played goalie last night in Milbrook and suffice to say it was a bit of a gong show.  I’m there, I’m ready to make saves and stop pucks and all that. I’m doing pretty well, getting in the way of many of the first shots and steering pucks out of danger. Until my “team” decides to give up on the entire concept of defence.

Two one ones, three on ones, three on NONES! Even when I did make that first save, the other team had enough time and space to get another couple shot before my defence even cruised back into position!  I Can’t stop everything!  I’ve been known to make the odd incredible save now and then but it was ridiculous!  I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count how many times there were odd man rushes like that. And when that gets coupled by the fact we got out shot three to one, it is so demoralizing.

I was frustrated!  I still am I think.  Totally not my idea of fun to be hung out to dry for more than half the game (if you can even call it that).

It goes to show that sometimes no matter how badly you might want to compete, how hard you are ready to try, you need the support of others to really show through as amazing.

Blog Challenge Topics

13 Give your favourite Fall Harvest recipe – think apples/pumpkins/sweet potatoes.

I don’t really have one honestly, not one that I know the recipe off hand at least.  Candied Yams is something my Grandma used to make at Thanksgiving and Christmas and I LOVED it!  My mom has tried to duplicate it in recent years when it became her job to cook at those events but she could never quite get it.

14 How do you maintain self discipline?

I think I do this by always having a goal to work towards.  In general if you don’t have a goal you don’t follow the steps to success.  I also think though that good eating and exercise are just such a part of what I do now that it is not that hard.  I didn’t change my habits just to get in shape and thin just to go back to before.  I changed my lifestyle and it’s awesome.

15 Today is the Great American Smoke Out. What are some bad habits you got rid of or are working towards fixing?

Eating junk food and lots of it!  I don’t smoke or drink so those were not hurdles in my path to a healthier life.  Just the amount of food I ate and what I chose to consume.

16 What are some unexpected benefits of a healthy lifestyle you discovered?

I’m not really sure I have discovered any benefits that were unexpected to be honest.  I knew that if I got in shape I would be able to be better at hockey and karate and the other physical things I do.  I knew I’d have more energy for the day to day things, I knew I’d be able to eat more once I got into shape (sometimes I think I eat more now then I even used to before! Just better food!)

7sokb

Apparently this happens too.  Amber notices though.

No comments:

Post a Comment