Monday, November 5, 2012

3 tips to improve your workout

I’m not sure whether or not the things I am thinking of would actually ‘improve’ the quality of your workout, but, they are things that make my workouts much more enjoyable.

1. Good music and good headphones.  Very important, especially when doing monotonous things at the gym like the elliptical or the treadmill.  You’ve got to have good tunes to keep you pumped up.  Or songs that remind you of certain things or something to keep you going.  A few of my personal favourites (that you are unlikely to find on your own) are:

  • Sugar Lumps – Flight of the Conchords – It’s funny, sort of the same theme of Sexy and I Know It, but Flight of the Conchords!
  • Quantesc - Jolt vs Into The Sun – This is a song where the Into The Sun part is done by my friend Matt, good beat to it great for running!
  • Avicii – Levels – Flo Rida thought it was good enough to rip off, I think it’s good enough to work out with.
  • Cute Invasion – firestARTer – More 8-bit music – the beat is awesome for cardio though.

2. Do something you enjoy.  If you are working out doing things you hate you won’t do them, simple as that.  I hate doing box step-ups, and every time Jodi puts them on my program they only last about half the time I do that program.  They take too long and I don’t like them.  I run because I have come to like it, I like all the crazy workouts Jodi gives me too.  It seems a lot less like work if you enjoy doing it.

3. Change it up.  Even a program you love can get boring after a while, so change up the things you do in your workout.  It helps to keep it interesting, it helps keep you body from getting to used to a certain routine and it’ll keep you going to do exercise things.

What are your tips?

1 comment:

  1. Great advice! Here are my tips:

    http://sheslosingit.net/2012/11/05/day-5-give-3-tips-to-improve-your-workout/

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete