Sunday, September 16, 2012

How do you measure your fitness progress?

I measure it in all sorts of ways now really.  I used to go by the scale and BMI.  Now I use periodic fitness assessments with Jodi at the gym.  I’ve talked about them before.  Basically I’m at a point now where the scale is just habit and not really necessary.

I use skin folds, muscle and body fat percentage measurements to keep tabs on how I’m doing.  I also keep track of times for running and biking which lets me know how I’m doing really.  Am I slower, am I faster.

I also have my workout charts at the gym, I just use them to track how much I am lifting when I raised the amount and such.  So once I got over the scale I use way more tools to measure my fitness, but they are more about ability than anything.

main statsmuscle measurmentsskin folds

1 comment:

  1. I measure too. Weight, fat%, body composition, and centimeters. And I post it online, to make sure I stay motivated ;) http://confessionsofagymbunny.wordpress.com/progress-2/progress-measurements/

    ReplyDelete