Thursday, August 30, 2012

Eyeball

I work at daycare.  You knew that right?  Well now you do.  I have had a few posts where I gush about my workplace and how much I love it.  This is not exactly one of those.  This will be a bit more specific.

You might not be aware of this, but eyeball, just as a word on its own is hilarious.  Go find a two or three year old, strike a pose and say “Eyeball!” They will laugh.  Why?  I have no idea at all.  But it’s great!

The other day I was taking a young lady to the bathroom to change her diaper and I said to her, ‘Let’s go and change your bum.  What should we change your bum into?’

“An eyeball. Tehehehehehe” Was the response I got.

“But if your bum was an eyeball you’d be able to see your poop!” I say.

“Eeeewwwwwww” She goes, and laughs some more.

That might sound pretty gross to a few of you, but it was funny to her, and to me as well. And when you are the kind of guy that wears pants on your head while you change diapers jokes about eyeballs and poop is pretty standard stuff.

This obsession with the word eyeball, extends to other kids as well, they say it and laugh, yesterday I was called an eyeball-head.  I can’t even be upset about ‘name-calling’ in that instance, I’m too busy laughing with the child because to them it’s just so funny.

Eyeball!

1 comment:

  1. This is excatly what your Shamrock award was all about! LOL Your crazy, but the kids love it!

    ReplyDelete