Thursday, June 28, 2012

SOLD!

Through I long and winding set of events our house has finally sold.

A few weeks ago we had a couple through our place three separate times, they finally proposed an offer that was a bit low for our liking and so we turned them down.  Days passed and turned into weeks and we had lots of lookers but no one was buying.

At the same time my parents were trying to sell their house and that event occurred Monday.  It just turns out that my parents real estate agent is one in the same as the couple that put in the offer on my house.  My parents and the agent got to talking and while that couple had kept looking my house was always their benchmark.

Since the sale of my parents place has put them in such a handy position of no debt and a load of cash in the bank, they said ‘hey, if you need a few bucks to meet these people in the middle, we can do that for you’.  Great!  We called our agent Tuesday, and all the paperwork got signed off on last night.

Now the buyers of our place have the typical conditions in place on their offer, home inspection and financing, those should not be a problem, but they are the only things standing in the way of a done deal.

If this all goes according to plan, I’ll be moving by July 27th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment