Wednesday, March 21, 2012

When is 23C not 23C

When it is freaking March!

Today it was a 'hot' 23 degrees Celsius here in Central Ontario. 23 is not really that hot, when it is July or August, but in the middle of March, 23 is boiling. My body was totally not conditioned for this weather yet. I would have liked spring to last more than five or six days really.

I ran today after work, after being out in the sun most of the day and I could feel the searing heat of the sun battering me down with each step. I was not ready for this type of temperature yet. Midway through this run I wondered to myself 'How did I ever run last summer when it was 29 plus humidity‽ (I used it Marion!)

I finished the run however, it was a bit windy and such and seemed very hot, so my time was not as good as I would like it to be. In the end of it all though that is exactly the reason I ran the course, so the my first time running it (without snow on the road) would not be race day with just wonderings about how I finished at least one minute slower than I expected.

I intend to run this course again, probably Tuesday between work and our staff meeting. I am, as usual, endeavoring for a better time. I want to get the time for this particular run down at least under 22 minutes.

Also don't forget, especially those of you that know me personally, that you can donate to the Community Care for Peterborough Area using the link at the top of my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Remember to hydrate before and after your runs Chris. Nothing is as unforgiving as dehydration.

    ReplyDelete