Sunday, March 18, 2012

Get On Yer Bike

I went for my first bike ride of the year today.  It was not nearly as good as I had hoped.  After all the rain we had gotten on Thursday  night I thought better of riding on the trail through Jackson park, but also I didn’t really want to ride around on car filled streets.  So I decided to ride on the trail anyways and as I had though the usual place was washed out and there were some wet patches still.  But even more so than that was that the second bridge was closed and so I only got a short way down the path before i had to turn around.

I still got my exercise in for the day what with doing one of my gym programs first thing in the morning, but it was kind of disappointing to get turned around so early on my first bike ride of the year.  It also did not help that I was planning on going to the grocery store on my bike to pick up just one thing for dinner and so I did not want to ride fast through the muddy parts of the path to avoid having the big wet muddy stripe up my back.

I also ran into Nicole from work at the store and felt a little ridiculous seeing someone I knew whilst in shorts and an under armour shirt.  I don’t really need to I suppose, but still.

I am excited that bike riding weather has arrived (though I am sure people like my dad have been riding for a while now).  I like riding to Lakefield to get ice cream.  I intend to do a few longer rides, out to Omemee or something since there is a trail that goes all the way out there.  I hope they have some sort of ice cream shop there too.  We will see, it is a much further ride than going to Lakefield.

Of course it is not all that bad to have a short ride to begin with since it will take some time for my butt to get used tot he bike seat again.  I’m definitely not ready to go buying bike shorts like my dad has with padding in the butt, for now I prefer my shorts (that used to be swim trunks).

1 comment:

  1. California Bikes This cruiser also has a forward pedaling desigen, meaning the pedals are shifted four inches forward to allow for better leg extension and more open and comfortable seating position.
    beach cruiser bikes

    ReplyDelete