Sunday, January 8, 2012

Winter Running

It turns out that after being adamant for so long that I would not be running outside in the winter, that I am about to become one of those people.  Even now I scoff at the ones I drive past 'You,' I says to them, I say ' You are crazy'. They can't hear me of course because I am in my nice warm car.

I think it is insane that I'm about to go running down snowy and icy pathways in order to start getting ready for this Warrior Dash.  To be honest it is not my choice, but the suggestion of Jodi, my trainer that I begin to do this. 

I will admit that it will be far more interesting than running on a treadmill.  I think I have mentioned here that I hate running on the treadmill.  I am not looking forward to freezing.  Which is a bit strange I guess since I have no problem going to the canal in the dead of winter to skate around and play with a puck.  I recall my last long run before hockey started while it was still above zero (or 32° F) and I was freezing, my fingers especially.

But in the pursuit of being amazing crazy things must be done I suppose and this is one of them.  The second crazy thing I am about to do is sign up for a noon start time for the Dash!  Two days ago I could have started at 9am, now the earliest is noon.  It is crazy because last year July 21 was the hottest day of the year!

Here is to freezing to death on Wednesday running outside in the winter.  If I am alive after, I will let you know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment