Friday, May 20, 2011

No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air.

Summer is coming and summer and I do not get along very well.  I do not like the heat, I’d rather wear three sweaters and two coats than swelter in the summer sun.  It’s not that I don’t like the activities of summer, or the wardrobes of summer, and I have discovered that sweating through a workout is great.  However when you sweat just by standing there because it’s so bloody hot, that is not my cup of tea.

That is why I am thankful for man’s greatest invention.  Air Conditioning.

Since I have moved into my current house I’ve had AC (as it’s called) in the bedroom and there is no way I could revert back to a non-air conditioned sleeping chambers.  If there is one thing worse than being too hot while your awake and doing things, it’s being too hot while you try to sleep!

Back when I shared an apartment with a few guys while I went to school we had an upstairs of a house, it was a great place due to the people and the video games, but it was like an oven all summer long.  Most of the time it was hotter inside than it was outside.  It was hot enough that it was fairly common practice to take a cold shower then go lay in bed in front of a fan and try to fall asleep before you dried off and got too hot again.

It’s supposed to be another killer summer here in Ontario, and I’m just glad I have air conditioning in a couple rooms to make it bearable.  How do you deal with the heat? Anything more creative than staying inside and having AC?  Comment below!

1 comment:

  1. I used to go enjoy other people's air conditioning (the movies, the mall, the coffee shops downtown, etc.) Or, go swimming in the lake - we definitely need to make it to Sandy Beach this year.

    ReplyDelete