Thursday, April 28, 2011

Being an Adult… Round 2

So it’s been a while since I wrote anything, but that is because school work in the last few weeks was killer.  However that work is done now, successfully I might add, and now it’s time to re-join the world of adults and work for a living instead of hanging out with friends and doing school work.

I will really miss school.  It was such a great experience and opportunity to be able to go to school again. Sitting in class and making friends and jokes most of the time, except this time around I did my work and got good marks and hopefully helped a few people along the way.  Being able to go back and do college over again was really a great chance to see how far I had come as a person.

The fist time through school I did far too much goofing off and not enough work.  This time I had fun, and more fun because I wasn’t shy and quiet and such.  I was able to put to use so many of the things I had learned elsewhere to use both in my work and in the classroom to make friends and entertain.

I finished classes last Thursday, and I have had three interviews already, one of them was a job right on the spot!  That’s a pretty quick turnaround time I’d say especially since neither of my last two placements where in a child care setting.

The people and the faculty at Fleming really made the last two years enjoyable, I’m so glad I got to be a kid again and go to college!

No comments:

Post a Comment