Friday, December 31, 2010

Traveling

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Soon I'll be off again on another adventure with Amber.  I have only been out of North America once before, a year ago, on a cruise, with Amber.  Now we are doing it again, to a different part of the Caribbean to see more amazing things and do more cool things.I am excited to go, how could I not be?  To be away and have staff that looks after everything for you, to eat great food, see great shows and have the opportunity to see things that don't even exist here at home.

This traveling is just one more reason to know that my wife is great!  Without her I wold have never gone on the cruise last year, and then obviously not on this one coming up either.  It not that I didn't want to go somewhere, but money was a factor and just the planning of it all.  She took care of all the details all I have to do was agree to go, for that I am thankful because I do not have the ambition to figure out all the little things that need to be done to go on a trip like this.

I can't wait to get going, I have to wait...  but I'd really like to just leave now and be on our way.  The only thing that I won't like is being disconnected from everything for 9 days pretty much, it's good that my phone and Internet will not be a distraction I suppose, but it would also be nice to be able to know what is going on.

I do intend to take like a million pictures, we have a camera that does not eat batteries this time, and we are buying 3 underwater cameras.  Hopefully all our underwater excursions go as planned this time be cause we will be doing some awesome things!

If you ever get the chance to travel, go!  Go with an open mind as well and explore your surroundings and culture.  On our last trip we went to Altun-Ha a Mayan pyramid site,and some American lady said "I don't like learning about all this un-american stuff"  I was floored by that!

Unfortunately I will be unable to tell anyone anything about the trip until I get back...  but when I get back I'll let you all know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment