Friday, December 3, 2010

Adversity

How do you deal with adversity?

As I have mentioned earlier I had to figure out a few things on my trip to losing 80 pounds and all that.  The other day this week it was put to the test in a whole different way.  There I was all set to have pretty much everything I had to get done for school done in one day.  The main part of 2 assignments worth 30% or more each were going to be done except for the documentation pretty much.  Then one center told us the wrong time and another turned me away due to allergy concerns.

Was I frustrated? Sure I was..  Really frustrated!  Being able to deal with adversity doesn't mean you are immune to the emotions you have.  I took a while to vent, let out my concerns to people and organize myself and put things in perspective.  Back up plans were made, some right on the spot an some with collaboration with others.

Part 1 of dealing with the 'disaster' that was Wednesday afternoon happened yesterday and it went great, Part 2 is this morning, I'm sure it will go just as well.

When life seems to hold you down, it's a test, how will you deal with it?  Crumble? Or regroup, form a plan and get things done!

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine recently sent me a quote that helps me deal with the barriers that seem to crop up all too frequently: "I will continue to stagger forward because there is nothing for me in the opposite direction." I printed that out and I keep it where I can read it several times a day.

    ReplyDelete